Yum Kilawing Balat ng Baboy at Taenga (Pig's Skin and Ears Salad) #FilipinoFoodsPhilippines - Filipino Foods and Writing

Food Recipes Blog

Kilawing Balat ng Baboy at Taenga (Pig's Skin and Ears Salad) #FilipinoFoodsPhilippines

Kilawing Balat ng Baboy at Taenga (Pig's Skin and Ears Salad) #FilipinoFoodsPhilippines


The Visayan version of making kilawing balat ng baboy with an extraordinary hot taste.

Ingredients:

1.5 kilo pig’s skin and ears
*preferred skin cuts are from the thigh, loin, neck and shoulder
2 big onions; sliced
1 root ginger; cut in strips (optional)
5 siling labuyo; chopped
Vinegar (extra strong)
Salt and pepper
Soy sauce
Green onion leaves
Coconut Milk (optional)

Procedures:

1) Clean thoroughly the pig's skin and ears. Boiled thoroughly around 30 - 45 minutes.

2) Discard the water, cool, check for any unwanted parts,then slice into bite sizes.

3) Put unto a large bowl, add the vinegar, then mix thoroughly. Add the ginger, onion, siling labuyo, salt, pepper and soy sauce in order.

4) Taste and balance seasoning; soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper according to taste. Put coconut milk, if you like. Garnish with green onion and siling labuyo. Refrigerate, then serve.



7 comments:

  1. looks so yummy, i will try this recipe very soon.

    http://iamotay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling, I never liked this before it was because as a little girl, i do find that food odd, now that I'm not living in my homeland, I misses all this kind of dish we have.. thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried this kilawin but with the sight of the peppers, I might!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so perfect as 'pulutan'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband will like but I'm not so sure if I will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh cholesterol! But who am I kidding? Lakas ng bawal masarap hehe. But I only eat these parts kapag in sisig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i already miss this kind of food! i always love pinoy foods!! this looks so yummy! thinking of sisig too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and hoping to follow this blog. Have a backlink, for me to visit your blog too.

Filipino Foods and Writing Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © Fernando Lachica 2014

All Rights Reserved@Fernando Lachica. Theme images by richcano. Powered by Blogger.